Saturday, February 14, 2004

ESPN.com - Lost in translation

2 funny tidbits from the NBA allstar weekend, via Chad Ford from ESPN InsiderESPN.com - Lost in translation: "Yao Ming, C, Rockets

Q: What kind of American music do you listen to?
A: I like the National Anthem. I listen to it at least 82 times a year.
Insider Translation: I'm not sure what that means, but it was my favorite answer of the entire session. Well, with the possible exception of Brad Miller's testy exchange with the approximately three media members who actually bothered to come by his table and ask him a question ...
Brad Miller, C, Kings

Q: You played for the East last year and the West this year. What does that say about your game?
A: I got traded.
Q: What does that say about your development?
A: I didn't really expect it. I really expected to have this weekend off every year. It's a fun show. They've got to have another white American on the team. I took care of that last year, and I guess I'm holding it down again this year.
Insider Translation: Who says the NBA doesn't believe in affirmative action? "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home