Wednesday, November 24, 2004

scenestars aka more adventures in mp3blogland

It's been a gazillion years since i've met someone that I know mainly through the Internet.

(Waiting while ya'll make your jokes.)
(Waiting.)

(Better now?)

But I was thinking how cool it would be to make friends in this mp3 blogger area. The people all are a) smart. b) like music. and c) well, we've talked about my boredom and loneliness.

Anyway, I like the sassiness exhibited here, but not in a Sassy magazine like way. I also like the selection of tracks. Most mp3 blogs are too cool to put up a U2 track. I don't intend to be but then again, to paraphrase some other crap: I'm not planning on being an mp3 blog. Just a blog that *happens* to be hosting mp3s. Kapice?

Oh - the last time I technically met someone from online would've been through disorient. (Claire Singletrack: Oh, you're magellan ). But really, everybody on disorient gets a free pass until proven otherwise. They're pre-screened. Nope, the last time I met people was through an early version of a Gator discussion board from AOL 2.0. We all met by the North End Zone entrance. It was really dorky. Sports nerds + early AOL members. Well, you can understand why it was 8 years before I ever tried something like that again. You can stay my cyberspace friend, thankyouverymuch.

Crap, I hate this mini-insomnia.

scenestars: "This song is dedicated to all of the guys I've been hanging out with lately. The ones that think that if we spend too much time together, I'm gonna fall head-over-heels in love with them, so they have to blow me off every now and then, just to make sure I don't get my hopes up. I was sitting in this guy's apartment over the weekend, when he busted out with the I'm not really into relationships right now talk. What I wish I would have said was, 'Stop. Look around at this place. Can this really be all mine? Do you really think that's what I want? You don't need a girlfriend, you need a mother and I'm not interested in cleaning up your life or taking care of you. So shut your piehole and let's make-out.'

For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.' Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why?

Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage...

-Andy Rooney"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home