Thursday, March 02, 2006

Arts Unlimited | Film & Music | 'Born Slippy was a greyhound we bet on'

C0ol article on the origins of some cool British songs.

Arts Unlimited | Film & Music | 'Born Slippy was a greyhound we bet on': "Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot
UK chart position: #22, November 2004; #9, September 2005

Nick Hodgson (drummer, Kaiser Chiefs): I used to DJ with my friend Nick at the Cockpit in Leeds. We'd drive home past a big nightclub and there were always lots of police and people fighting. I went home and wrote the riff on the piano and started singing some words. It says: 'A friend of a friend, he got beaten.' That was a friend of Nick the DJ. At our club night, Pigs, we had a band on, Black Wire. They were going mad and so were the crowd. You could see the bouncers moving in and I said to the club's boss, 'I predict a riot.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home