Sunday, February 26, 2006

PostSecret's best, this week


PostSecret's best, this week
Originally uploaded by ideateller.

this week's best from PostSecret.com. Judge for yourself...



I have suffered from severe depression for almost ten years, but only last month did I finally realize that my sadness was a disease and not a personal failure.



It is extremely difficult for me to connect with people and one of the reasons that my best friend and I get along so well is that she understands that I love her even when I haven't called in weeks. We communicate mostly by mail these days because I can't quite handel face-to-face or phone conversations. When I told my therapist, she asked if I wrote to anyone else and I smiled. I told her that I send you a postcard every week and nothing has lightened my mental load quite as much as the opportunity that your website has offered me.



I wrote my last letter to my friend while I was in a library. I wondered how many lives had been changed by the books collecting dust on the shelves. Then I packed up my things, walked downtown to Borders and left a tiny note in between the pages of each copy of the PostSecret book that they had in stock. They read "I hope that this book changes your life. It helped save mine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home