Friday, February 04, 2005

disorient NYC + SF + LA bribery

Just posted this mesage on the disori5nt message board. The message goes to all of you who are out there in blogland. btw long post soon to follow.):

"Hi.

As resident Joyfiend, I'd be remiss if I didn't direct all of you who like guitar/bass/drums/frenchhorn/choral/harp/theremin type music to the Polyphonic Spree in Brooklyn at the Warsaw on the 15th and Irving Plaza on the 16th. (ed: LA on the 22nd, SF on the 24th. i've got tickets to the 24th.)

They're pure unadulturated joy sans irony. 24 gorgeous young music lovers shouting about the sun. (See avatar, above, left.)

They seem to say, ain't life hard, and ain't life beautiful?

These are the folks that I skipped decomp to see twice in two days.

And so, here's my scoop: if you go and see them and don't find yourself having smiling like a madmagellan, I'll give you half your money back, no questions asked.

I'm serious about this.

If anyone's on the Left Coast, I'll be going on the 22nd in LALA, and the 24th in SF.

love,
magellan

ps, if you see any of them wandering around post or pre-show, buy them a drink; they really don't get paid as a 24 piece band"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home