Thursday, January 27, 2005

ESPN.com: Page 2 - Yup ... these are my readers

I have an ad in my book for the Portland Tribune that is titled, "Drugs. Politics. Crime. In other words, complete Blazers coverage."

I wrote it in June 2001. I need to add a timeline to show how this is the ad that keeps on giving.

ESPN.com: Page 2 - Yup ... these are my readers: "Q: I think EA Sports should add a feature to NBA Live: 2006 that would allow players to attack the fans. Imagine being the Heat and taking Shaq into the crowd to kill 15 people?
--Dan, New Brunswick
SG: Couldn't they just merge NBA Live and Grand Theft Auto and set it in Portland? Not only could you try to win the NBA title with the Blazers, but you could have missions between games: Raise pit bulls to fight against Qyntel Woods and his dogs; steal pot from Damon Stoudamire; fight the Portland police when they catch you asleep in your car at 4 a.m.; frame Ruben Patterson for a felony assault; switch your urine with the ballboy's urine before an unexpected drug test; assassinate Dick Bavetta before he referees your game against the Knicks; and so on. And during games, you could inexplicably charge into the stands and start punching spectators -- it would be just like randomly attacking people in Grand Theft Auto. Of course, the ultimate goal would be to overthrow David Stern and take over the league.
(By the way, I think I would pay like $3,000 to play this game.)"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home