Friday, May 21, 2004

Working for the Butler Shine

Quick side note: Why do I keep working for companies that involve polishing and buffing?

So, in the whirlwind, I forgot to ask what the hell I'd be working on.

Amy emailed today: Leap Wireless, Cricket division and Lucas Arts.

Sounds good. WTF is a Leap Wireless and a Cricket division?

I've vowed to start off at the agency on 8.5 and incrementally move up 0.5 each day until I'm on 11.

I'm somewhat afraid that I'll be down there 2 weeks, get offered a job, fly back up to get clothes to last a month, fly back up to pack my stuff, and find that I didn't get to laze my summer away.

That's a good problem to have though. And my friend Jen Leo (another soon-to-be-link) will be up here soon. And Claire and Bacchus and Dennis Grewvy and PeterSam and Rory and more.

Taking all my willpower not to email the Crush and say WTF?

Not going to Sasquatch now, for certains. HoV may be going down to SF to visit his gay brother and his partner, and to see Prince. His brother's partner (husband? brother-in-law?) will be in awe of me if I work on Jamba Juice, but that's another story for another blog.

Or, I could go visit my friend in Davis. 8^)

Or go down and visit Luccio in Santa Cruz. And Nemo, Captain of the Nautilus. No 'k' though, please.

Ah, what is that noise coming through the windows? I believe it's the sound of the fishmongers cries from the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home