Tuesday, May 18, 2004

pants saved

Bought a brand new pair of Armani linen pants while thumping around Santa Monica. $84, tax included. but they look awesome.

However, i had the lack of foresight to bring them on the camping trip, and not only shroom my head off (see 'Simba' below), but fall asleep in them next to the fire (fahr, in the vernacular).

At the end of the trip (vacation not the other kind), i brought them to my trusty neighborhood dry cleaner. He's a really cool old Jewish man named Abe. Almost laughed at me. There were at least 4 different kind of stains on them (shaddup!) wine, grass, blood (really), and other things that could have been food, could not have been food.

Anyways, Abe had the technology. He said he soaked them, then dry cleaned them, then dry cleaned them again. I don't remember if he martinized them. I'll have to ask next time. He saved them, in short.

And then he admonished me about taking good pants camping. When I said, 'Well, I think I learned a lesson.' He smiled and said, 'No, you probably didn't.'

He's right, y'know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home