Thursday, May 20, 2004

car crushes, hope and miscommunication

First off, you need to go download 'Float on' by Modest Mouse, so you've got the right tone in your head. If you can't download that song, feel free to take 5 weeks worth of Lamictil, get a job in SF, and head into a brave, new world.

So, (sorry m, you should skip this): I manufactured an excuse to come up to Seattle. Hazelrigg's birthday was today, wink-wink. And I needed to show my book around to CWRedCell and Publicis and Creature (who rock!). And, um, Radcliffe was out in Spokane doing focus groups. And Ozer went all Joe Namath on my friend Ashley from LA, and needed to be disciplined.

98% a scam, i do believe. What was that about honesty Hartley?

So, I had agreed as of last night, to meet The Crush (there should be a link here, but i'm drinking my way through the last of the Anchor Steam, and you can go to Homestarrunner.com, look through the email section, and find 'The Cheat is not dead' your own damn self. Samsel, if you do indeed read the blog, which your illustration (soon to be published via photoblog) indicates, please provide a link in the comments section you lurking bitch.)

Where were we? Oh, yeah. Attempting to explain while even if things get just a bit too heavy we'll all float on.

But, the Crush doesn't return the call during the day, though she said she was going to be crazy busy preparing to go to Chicago to do a press check even though she's a copywriter. Maybe she's dating Ryne Sandberg. I dunno.

Anywhat, Creature gets a hold of me. And asks if i'm free. Well, yeah. You're why I came up here. Ostensibly. Dishonestly. And they're surprised to find out that i'm actually in Seattle. I'll head down in 20.

Proceed to leave my jacket at the internet cafe on my way down. Get there and talk with Jim and Matt. They look at my stuff, like it, and then start telling me about a project they're working on. As we head to their concept-conference room, it occurs to me that they want me to start work RIGHT NOW. Or, at least ASAP.

'This may be a bit of an awkward question,' I venture, 'But did you guys need me to do work right away?'

Like Dustin Diamond, Schuh-reach.

'Well, I guess we don't need to show you this work then.'

A bit of miscommunication then.

We'll see what happens in the future. I'd still come up here and work with those guys, despite the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home