Thursday, February 09, 2006

wanderlust v. insecurity, mixtape style

Tiny Mix Tapes: "In my first 19 years I had travelled around the world five and a half times, I'd seen different cultures, lived overseas, and been to all but two continents. From 19 to 28 years of age, I have been in one single place without an ounce of wanderlust in me. I plan on staying here for as long as I can. I'd like a mixtape with a and b sides. The A Side should show how much fun it is to travel around the world and the B side should show how much fun it is in to stay in one place. However, because all that moving around gives oneself a frightening sense of insecurity, please spread that around in both sides.

Requested by: Roam Around the World
Compiled by: jgd

Side A: Wanderlust mixed with insecurity
01. The Animals - 'We've Got To Get Out Of This Place' (Best 60s Summer... Ever)
02. The Beatles - 'Ticket To Ride' (Anthology 2, Disc 1)
03. The Modern Lovers - 'Roadrunner' (The Modern Lovers)
04. Modest Mouse - 'The World At Large' (Good News For People Who Love Bad News)
05. Mali Music - 'Sunset Coming On' (Mali Music)
06. Simon and Garfunkel - 'America' (Tales From New York: The Best Of...)
07. The Jam - 'Strange Town' (Greatest Hits)
08. Josh Ritter - 'Roll On' (Golden Age Of Radio)
09. Manic Street Preachers - 'Australia' (Everything Must Go)
10. Simon and Garfunkel - 'Homeward Bound' (The Sounds Of Silence)
11. Kasey Chambers - 'These Pines' (The Captain)
12. Johnny Cash - 'I've Been Everywhere' (American II: Unchained)
13. Joey Ramone - 'What A Wonderful World' (?)

Side B: Comforts of home
01. Jim White - 'A Land Called Home' (Drill A Hole In That Substrate And Tell Me What You See)
02. Jehst - 'The Return Of The Drifter"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home