Thursday, October 21, 2004

sentence: back pain for life.

Apologies to those of you who received this via email:

ugh. just back from the Chiropractor. he took some x-rays and then basically
said there's nothing the world of chiropracty can do for me, and that *maybe* a
bigger heel lift would balance the imbalance in my lumbar/pelvic region (one
hipbone is 16m m higher than the other.)

i asked him what any of this had to do with the original injury and his opinion
was that it really doesn't have much if anything to do with it.

and he agrees with every other doctor i've talked to that an MRI isn't
necessary. and that Physical Therapy exercise really isn't going to do anything
for me. Chiropractic adjustment won't really do anything either, other than just
help manage the symptoms. Injections won't help either.

it makes me want to cry - wait, i did cry. it makes me want to kick and scream and hit things - wait, i did kick and scream and hit things. it makes me want to jump in front of a truck - at least not yet.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

and do you know how hard it's going to be to get my insurance to pay for a
podiatrist? it might just be to my time/headache advantage to just pay for it
myself, which is just what that bastard HMO wants anyways.

it's so fucking frustrating.

oh, and also looking at my L-5/S-1 joint he said that there's some fawcet ebriqium (sp?).

it feels like i've been sentenced to at least another 6-12 months of back pain. no fire spinning, no softball, no tennis, no helping people carry shit, no sitting for more than 30 minutes without discomfort, no interstate car trips.

hope is a fucking dinosaur.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro,

What kinda Podiatry stuff do you need? I may have a connection for you...

Keener

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Testing. Ok, I think I saw the sign in bit and immediately clicked off. So, lookie here, I can post. Forget what I said on Sean's blog. I'm sorry to hear about your back problems, I had no idea. But my friend Alison was told she'd never climb or scuba again and she's been up Mt Kili since. And of course she went straight into the water with a tank. Maybe I'll see you on Monday. --Jen

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home