Saturday, October 23, 2004

peripatetic

Talked with Tracy today about working full-time at WDoody. Once again, we basically agreed that it wasn't in either of our best interests based on the type of work that was coming in off the ocean swells. Autodesk? Do I want to spend the next 6 months writing Autodesk? Not really.

He does want me to stay and do some more freelance. So, I'm here through next week. After that, he said he didn't want to keep me, but it was up to me if i wanted to work some more. I'm hoping that's not just a nice way of saying see you later. don't let the door hit your ass... It'd be nice to pull some more work (read: dough).

This is the end of my 6th week here. 6 weeks! Holy shit! That's a lot of cash.

Now, it's time to go into networking overdrive, and to do the stuff that I want to do for my portfolio. It's funny, I have negative self-esteem with my portfolio (imagine that). Like I've got to massively change it before I send it back out. I'd like it to be reject-proof. As if that's possible. I want the Wieden & Goodby's of the world to run around in a hallucinatory daze after they see it. Sleep with it, poop with it, whatever.

Had an idea having to do with stem cells and Christopher Reeve. What was it again?

Anyway, I'll be in LA through the 29th. PDX the next day, Lake Quinalt party (thanks Hart'n'Steve) that weekend, and probably back in LA on the 1st. Vote on the 2nd. Move to Spain on the 3rd.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home