Friday, October 22, 2004

Mitch Hedberg

Went and saw Mitch Hedberg tonight with Shawn X____. Can't remember his name. He did a sorta Tenacious D/David Sedaris kinda thing. It was just ok. What was not OK, was the pro-wrestling crowd sitting in our mezzanine section. There was the usual opening act heckling, but one fucker behind us was yelling, "Get off the stage, you Jew!"

I am not making this up.

I was kinda hoping it was Andy Kaufman, and that it was some kind of weird performance art parody, but it wasn't.

Guy 2 aisles over: "I wanna fuck your sister!" x 20.

During Mitch Hed-BERG's show (that's BERG, not Alowski, not dikan, not son, BERG. BERG. BERG. BERG. BERG.

Strangely, we didn't hear the anti-Semitic heckler during the show. (I have laundry in. It is strangely unnerving to me to have laundry in. Like laundry must be done efficiently or not at all, or perhaps repeated. I should go check on my t-shirts. I might almost pay to have my wrinklable laundry to be done for me. I do not worry about my socks and underwear laundry. Except for perhaps, underdoing them. Kinda like chicken, in that regard. Anyhow.)

Oh, during Mitch's show, some asshole next to us kept singing along with the jokes. Joel T. asked him to stop, and still the guy didn't. So, Joel moved.

Here's the deal: It's OK during wrestling or Andrew Dice Clay, to sing-along with the sing-alongs. That's the goddamned point. But these mooks were doing the 1993 era Das-EFX singalongs, where they would only know the rhyming words (so-to-speak) and couldn't do anything over 3 syllables.

Mitch: I don't have roaches.
Guys: jfkadl;sfjkdasl roaches.
Mitch: (breath)
Guys: I have a koala bear..
Mitch: (catching up): I've got a koala bear
Mitch: (by himself): infestation.
Guys: Zzzzzz.

Fuck on a stick. Last comedian I see in the Mezzanine, or after he becomes popular. I'm leaving it to Butter to stick some of the jokes he remembers in the comments section.

(Wish there was a font that could immitate Mitch's half-Cajun, half-amazing accent.)

Going to check on my t-shirts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home