Friday, May 28, 2004

not drunk v. sobriety

One month of unemployedness and pining like a high-school girl (NOTE: not high-school girl pining. that might give the wrong impression), not to mention too many bad influences, left me with a lot of evenings of which i remember not much.

So, I'm off the sauce for a while. Not that I won't have a drink, and not that I'm looking for sobriety, but I am going to have the goal to 'not be drunk'.

This, hopefully, will alleviate the following problems:
Missing my airplane. Note to others: while many drugs advise against combining with alcohol, you really shouldn't do it with anti-anxiety pills.
Getting stupid drunk at your friend's birthday party and embarrassing yourself and your hosts and generally pissing people off.
Running around naked in LA art loft apartments.
Losing my glasses deep in a couch.
Getting a tattoo which says, 'XXXX forever.'
Ruining my kidney.
Promiscuity.

I think most substances are still on the table. The effects of those have generally been pretty benign, or embarrassing in a good storytelling kinda way, and not in a 'Jesus Christ I'm sorry, I can't believe I did that' kinda way.

My neighbors across the back lot are having a little get together. I've not met them, and I'm 'not drunk', so i won't go over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home