Sunday, April 25, 2004

st. jordi's aftermath

final tally: 18 bottles of wine, for what i would guess to be 30 people. Alkies, all.

i was left with 7 books, and a vase full of flowers, which noticeably brightens up my apartment. (note to self: paint next apartment).

the books, which i'm hoping weren't a hint, but instead merely the dregs of what the men at the party wanted out of there house:

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Light Her Fire 'How to Ignite Passion and Excitement in the Woman You Love'
The Sun Also Rises (Spanish themed?)
Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
The Camera (Revised Edition) A Time Life Book - which my new upstairs neighbor brought down. Side story below.
Love and Relationships - Inspirations for Meditation and Spiritual Growth
The Woman's Book of Courage - Meditations for Empowerment & Peace of Mind.

The best book, I think, was a compendium of the 'Best Naughty Bits' of other books. Julianna left with it, along with some comment about 'me and my rabbit will enjoy this'.

Oh, on to the upstairs neighbor, Laura. She and her husband just moved in. Apparently, he's not much of a drinker, and regardless, he was at the NABERT convention (National Association of Instrument Repair Technicians. And yes, Virginia, I know that I blanked on the 'b'.)

She was one of the second group to show, arriving downstairs with a wine glass full of water. Not because she's not a drinker, but because she was on call.

She's a mortician. For reals.

So, about half an hour into the party, she suddenly gets a buzz, and says cheerily, 'I have to run.'

As she runs upstairs, I ask aloud, 'Is anyone else creeped out by that?'

Someone says in a blase manner, 'People die all the time.'

To which Aaron Mahoney replies, 'You know, hundreds of people die everyday.'

Nice.

Big kudos to Burning Friends Kirk & Cheryl for showing up and bringing strawberries and chocolate. Kirk is a firefighter (bonus points: in my neighborhood!) and he invited me to join his firehouse no-limit texas hold 'em game. buy in: $2.00.

sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home