Friday, April 23, 2004

ESPN.com - NFL - Ex-NFL player Tillman killed in Afghanistan

Sacrifice.

If we're at war, shouldn't there be sacrifice?

ESPN.com - NFL - Ex-NFL player Tillman killed in Afghanistan: "WASHINGTON -- Pat Tillman was killed in Afghanistan after walking away from a multimillion-dollar NFL contract to join the Army Rangers, U.S. officials said Friday."

Sidebar on the article:

"I never played football with or against Pat Tillman and I didn't know him, but I wish I had. Simply put, he was an American hero. He had the courage of his convictions to walk away from the money, prestige, celebrity and fame that an NFL career offers. To do that takes incredible amounts of integrity and heroism.

Tillman made the ultimate sacrifice so that the people of this country could be protected. He should be honored by Arizona State University, the Arizona Cardinals and the NFL. I regret that I didn't know this amazing human being.
-- Mark Schlereth"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home