Sunday, April 25, 2004

new burning man name

thanks to Bill, who called me magellan mistakenly off-playa, thus giving me my burning man name. (sorry Bacchus, 'Key Largo' really didn't fit.)

a lot of people in my camp have 'The' names. The Eye, The Bass, actually, i can't do an etc. because i can't think of any others. or like on homestarrunner.com, The Cheat. anyways, i want another playa name, and I think i've found it in my newfound poker obsession.

and, given my emotional proclivities for mostly down, really high up, really down and then back to normal, i think it fits. j-go?

plus, it has connotations of Don Quixote, going after windmills.



introducing, miguel aka magellan,

The Tilt!

*I* love it.

The Tilt. PokerTips.org - Poker Strategy - Tilt: "Poker Strategy - Tilt
Being on tilt means letting your emotions disrupt your ability to play. All poker players go on tilt at least once during their career, but limiting these episodes is essential to winning at poker. Poker is a game that requires reason. If you have JQ of spades, and the flop comes AQ10, all of hearts, and there is a lot of betting action, you need to know to fold. If you were on tilt, you would let your emotions take control and make you do whatever it took to take down the pot. You would keep chasing, hoping to catch a king and hoping that no one had a flush."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home