Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Memorable Quotes from Tao of Steve, The (2000)

The guy who plays Dex turned up on ER recently. The key to this movie was hiding a chick movie inside of what seemed like a male perspective comedy. American Pie turned the trick a year earlier.

Memorable Quotes from Tao of Steve, The (2000): "Dex: Look at me. Look at me, okay? Technically, I shouldn't be getting laid, but I do. And do you know why, Dave? Because when I'm hanging out with a woman, that's all I'm doing is hanging out, talking, listening. I'm not sitting there thinking about how to get in bed with her. And this completely confuses them because they're saying "Wait a minute. I'm so much better looking than this guy. Isn't he attracted to me?" The basic principle: We pursue that which retreats from us.
Rick: It's from Heidegger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie: [to Dex] But you've never been happy with any women you've dated.
Dex: Well, that's Male Insanity Syndrome. Ya know, that is just you're with a woman and no matter how cool she is, you're always thinking "Maybe I could do a little better or I could trade up somehow.
Syd: "Trade up?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dex: I'm serious. If you're hanging out with women as friends, your doing your research in the wrong library.
Dave: What's wrong with being friends with women?
Dex: Nothing, but getting out of that category of 'friend' is harder than like getting out of Alcatraz.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syd: Don Giovanni slept with thousands of women because he was afraid he wouldn't be loved by one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dex: Both men and women want to have sex. It's natural, except we're on different timetables. Women want to have sex, like, y'know, fifteen minutes after us, so alright, if you hold out for twenty she'll be chasing you for five. "


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home