Wednesday, April 21, 2004

happiness, eventually.

Had dinner with my friend Sean Keener tonight. (Go to Boots'n'All for more info about his world. Or his personal blog , which goes up and down like ...)

Anyhow, told him that I view being a happy fulfilled person like a Red Sox fan views an eventual Red Sox championship. I'll always believe and hope in the long-term possibility, but I know that it's probably not fated, and if it is, it's going to take a hell of a lot of misery to get there.

ESPN.com - Page2 - Paradise lost, again: "Paradise lost, again
By Bill Simmons
Page 2 columnist


Twenty minutes after the Yankees eliminated the Sox, I called my father to make sure he was still alive.
And that's not even a joke. I wanted to make sure Dad wasn't dead. That's what it feels like to be a Red Sox fan. You make phone calls thinking to yourself, 'Hopefully, my Dad picks up, because there's at least a 5-percent chance that the Red Sox just killed him.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home