Tuesday, January 15, 2008

You Ain't No Picasso

Nice post over at You Ain't No Picasso. (In a slight twist, I'd include the Gears of War commercial with "Mad World.")

We're also working on a project which would include a "One Shining Moment"/violence juxtaposition...

You Ain't No Picasso: "The Best Happy Music/Violent Image Scenes

I enjoyed my film classes so much last semester that I decided to take the second part to one of them. To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to make a list of all my favorite scenes in movies where there is violent imagery shown while happy, upbeat or otherwise ill-fitting (in the conventional sense) music is playing. Some I disqualified because the music wasn’t exactly “happy” to begin with (”Goodbye Horses” in Silence of the Lambs, “Where is My Mind?” in Fight Club). So if it makes you winch while tapping your feat, it’s probably here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home