Thursday, November 30, 2006

Waiting to Be Wooed - New York Times

Sound thoughts. But can't you sense the unanswered creepy hatred of outsiders lurking just below the surface here?

Waiting to Be Wooed - New York Times: " Waiting to Be Wooed

By DAVID BROOKS
Published: November 30, 2006

I’ve never been a swing voter before. For most of my adult life I’ve felt the Republicans tended to have the best approaches to expand economic opportunity, meet foreign threats and restore a culture of personal responsibility. But over the past few years I’ve grown estranged from many Republicans, especially the ones leading the House. I’m one of those suburbanites who thought the G.O.P. deserved to lose the last election, and now I find myself floating out there in independent-land, not a Democrat, just looking for something new."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He doesn't hate. He just has not yet thoroughly shed his Repug pundit skin.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home