Friday, August 04, 2006

Burning Man art - 6 do not kill


6 do not kill
Originally uploaded by hoopinannie.

Annie from Disorient is putting on an interactive art set of the 10 Commandments at Center Camp at Burning Man this year.

Wendy doesn't believe that I'm not going. I've realized the two hardest parts are going to be the rising interest levels of all my friends over the next 3 weeks, and realizing I won't be there.

It's hard to see all of the great and wonderful things my friends and once and former campmates are putting together and not being a part of it. Also realizing that there are THIRTY-FIVE THOUSAND other people working on just as wonderful projects.

The biggest section of time that I'll be vulnerable to wanting to go will be the Wednesday before the start (the 23rd) through Wednesday the 30th. Once it gets to Thursday, it'll be too late to make any sense to go.

So, I need to find something to do the weekend of the 25th so that I'm not around burners at all.

Suggestion box labeled as "Comments" below.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

allow me to recommend 2 things...
1. fantasy football pre-draft study (this alone could occupy an entire week)

2. purchase of long-overdue xbox 360 ($400 is not a lot to pay for a time machine)

2:13 PM  
Blogger orange said...

i'm still confused about why you're so adamant about not going...

but what i really want to point out is that you just posted a pretty helpful outline of when to most effectively put pressure on you and a good guide to some of the things that will be most useful to bring up when applying said pressure.

to which i say, tiredly:
duly noted.

;P

pS. have i thanked you lately for disorient? cuz yeah--thanks.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home