Thursday, August 03, 2006

best of craigslist : My Son Is A Moron... He Did Not Come From My Loins...

Follow the link to read the 35 item list the Dad has created. I think "30) Daughter will not have any underwear, except for briefs." is my favorite.

Might create my own list.

1) Patient will not have any sleeping pills.
2) Patient will not have any medication that can be combined with alcohol for a sleeping pill like function.
3) Patient will no longer swallow spiders to catch flies.
...
17) Patient will not spend all day Saturday and Sunday drinking Chardonnay.
...

best of craigslist : My Son Is A Moron... He Did Not Come From My Loins...: "My Son Is A Moron... He Did Not Come From My Loins...
Date: 2006-07-20, 1:39PM PDT


You do everything you can for your kids. God knows I've tried. But it seems like God enjoys a good joke, now and then.

I was raised in a strict household. My parents bore offspring from the early-50's to the mid-60's. I was around the middle of this brood. With nine mouths to feed, we did not have a lot of extras. We worked for simple things, like bicycles.

Nothing wrong with that. It's what we knew. And we were given a great foundation, on which we could create a life for ourselves. As I said, my parents were strict - which made me not wish to be such with my kids.

Ah, my kids... I'm in my forties, and the wife is a bit younger. I make a fine income, and try not to sweat anything. I get up... have coffee... look out at the ocean... read the paper... move onto my business.

I appreciate not having a house full of screaming kids in the morning (something that was impossible when I grew up). All I ask of my kids is to; a) be respectful of everyone, b) be honest c) get good grades, d) clean their rooms.
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home