Friday, July 14, 2006

Advertising Age - Coors Chairman and Pitchman Arrested for DUI

Life is funny from time to time.

Btw, Pete, I'm the only one allowed to be a hypocrite.
Advertising Age - Coors Chairman and Pitchman Arrested for DUI: "Coors Chairman and Pitchman Arrested for DUI
Peter Coors: 'I Made a Mistake'

By Jeremy Mullman

Published: July 13, 2006
CHICAGO (AdAge.com) -- Coors Brewing Co. Chairman -- and beer pitchman -- Pete Coors was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, The Denver Post reported this afternoon.

Mr. Coors, 59, was cited for having a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit and also for rolling through a stop sign May 28. Citing court records, the Post said a Colorado state trooper pulled Mr. Coors over at 11:25 p.m. in Golden. He was driving a green 2004 Jaguar.

Court date set for next week
The former Republican candidate for a U.S. Senate seat has frequently appeared in Coors ads urging responsible drinking. In a statement he said: 'I made a mistake by driving myself home after a friend's wedding celebration. I should have planned ahead for a ride.'

He added, 'For years I've advocated the responsible use of our company's products. That's still my message, and our company's message, and it's the right message. I am sorry that I didn't follow it myself.'

Mr. Coors' court date is set for next Thursday.

On its website, Coors says it supports 'more severe consequences' for drunk drivers. 'The processing of drunk drivers should be streamlined and drunk driving must result in an immediate consequence, such as implementing an 'administrative license revocation,'' the 'Doing Our Part' section of Coors' site reads. 'Penalties for drunk driving should be escalated for higher BAC levels and for repeat offenders.' "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home