Tuesday, January 10, 2006

PostSecret


PostSecret
Originally uploaded by ideateller.

I forget PostSecret.com every other week. And then, while drinking too much on a weeknight and lonely, I remember.



Aw, shit. They'll never post that on their site. Someone come up with something. Maybe a line of Chuck Norris post-cards.



OK. I admit it. At 4:30 pm today, I was convinced it was Wednesday, and I allowed myself to skip out on some much needed trips/goals/etc. in order to watch Lost.



and then, i realized it was Tuesday, and it was only a Law & Order night, which couldn't justify skipping any goals with my psych.



instead, here are other confessions of the heart. much recommended weekly, especially if you're a teenage girl.



---Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 1:20 AM

To: frank@docdel.com



Frank



When I was reading through the postcards about 2 months ago, the secret I had sent in came onto my screen, and my heart skipped a couple of beats.



"There are a million things I wish I had told you before you died...I'm sorry."



Tears, of course, sprang to my eyes. I didn't really know what to do at first, but then something came to mind that really, really helped me: I recreated the postcard, exactly how it was on the front, but instead of putting your address on the back, I wrote a letter to my friend who had died. I told him about 15 things that I wished I could have told him before he died, because that's all that could fit on the card. I had it laminated, and then I took it, along with a glass jar filled with rocks, and put it on his grave.



I know that he knows. Thank you for helping me find a way to express it.



-Oklahoma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home