Thursday, June 16, 2005

PUSH

I've got issues.

Seeing other people's success in advertising serves to demoralize me (or at least lower morale - is that considered demoralizing?)

On an intellectual level, this agency here, PUSH, based in Orlando, Florida is doing well, and I admire them for that. On the other hand, I begrudge them their success.

Yes, I've got issues.

And instead of inspiring me to work harder and smarter, it makes me want to go home and play online poker all-day until my skin turns paler and more papery.

I also wonder what separates certain people from the crowd, and what the keys are to their success. What were the now very successful people like as younger creatives? Chris Robb, for example, the CD at Push, was leading the way at his own place in Orlando in 95 before moving to SF to be a big-time creative director.

To me, he's always been a creative force.

Time to call the shrink. Don't want to though.

News about My First Focus Group (tm) later in the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home