Friday, June 10, 2005

online poker

I've got the bug.

Started playing online on Tuesday night. Lost quickly in a bunch of Limit Texas Hold 'em games, which I'm not as good at. You can't bully people with your chips as easily in limit as you can in no-limit.

Part of the reason I started playing is that I haven't had a drink in 10 days, and hope to continue that streak for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Also, I just want to get better at poker, and there's no current video game which I'm geeked out about.

Please, nobody mention that I'm right next to the beach. That wouldn't be cool.

So, after that initial learning curve, and switching to No-Limit, I'm down only $13 for 3 nights of play.

Compare that to three nights of drinking. Yowza.

LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY I'M SAVING WITH MY REPLACEMENT ADDICTION! WHOOOH!

anyone want the over/under on when I'll realize I've got a poker problem? 6 months sound about right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home