Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Seattle Times: Entertainment & the Arts

Alright, this was going to be about the Dylan exhibit at the Experience Music Project in Seattle, but instead, it's just a statement of intent and anger:

I'm going to fuck up all of the people who doubt my ability to deliver television ideas. Give me your doubts. Let me know you believe in me but want proof. I'll spray the town with logos and deliver a set full of the most self-assured, self-confident debut shit you've ever seen. Who gave you the chance and why? (Note: really obscure Stone Roses references).

So, here comes the next 3 months of scripts and self-shot, self-financed ideas. Would you like to buy futures? Invest in the production and I'll pay you back twofold when it succeeds. Do you want to place puts on the stock? I'll pay you back fourfold if it fails. Bring it on.

Have we talked about Andre Dawson and the 87 Cubs in the Collusion Era of Major League Baseball? After a very good few years with the Montreal Expos (a small market, poor paying club), he shamed the Cubs into signing him by giving them a signed blank contract for 1 year. All the Cubs had to do was fill in the blanks.

I'm doing the same with good tv assignments. Starting this week.

I'm not a happy camper right now. Watch the fuck out, because I'm either going to cut your heart out or blow your fucking head away to get some good tv done. dammit.

Dylan: "I'm on the pavement, thinkin' bout your lack of confidence..."

Rant. Ends.

Beautiful day in Seattle though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Migs,

How much you need?

Yes - going to SF this weekend - not sure when yet - will be booking soon.

talk soon
Sean

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Somtimes you just want to get away from getting away from it all."

-Miguel TV

Case rested.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home