Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Letter of apology

An explanation/basic letter of apology to my friends at Disorient:

I won’t be officially camping with Disorient this year.

With just my heart involved in the decision, i would’ve stayed. But my brain (damn brain!) decided that it would be a lot better for my back if I stayed somewhere else.

I am NOT camping with another theme camp; no Benedict Arnold am I.
I’ll be with 4 portland friends at around 7:30 and whatever 3 streets back is. (Earth? Venus?). And I’ll still be contributing financially.

But physically, I won’t be based in Disorient.

Everyone in camp contributes to and creates this amazing thing called Disorient. I didn’t feel like this year that I’d be able to match your incredible efforts, and I didn’t want to let anybody down.

Basically, with the amount of love and teamwork contributed by everyone in the camp, i decided there was no way i could trust myself not to pitch in more than i physically should. Even, as Josh said, ‘if we had you wear a sign that says, “No, I can’t carry anything.”

I love you all, and I’ll be around camp as much as I can.

I’m not thrilled with this decision, but it was the right one for me to make at this time.

Warmth and joy,
magellan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home