Tuesday, May 11, 2004

LA Weekly: Features: Petting the Koala

Again, with the squares. LA Weekly might be off the blog. Shunned, like bad Amish.

I bought this guy's CD/DVD. My ex-girlfriend Frances and I had caught a 30 minute special on comedy central and giggled our way through it.

LA Weekly: Features: Petting the Koala: "His voice generates laughs on its own. One moment it?s a soft Cajun drawl, a few words later it shifts into a barrio staccato. Like archetypal stoner savant Jeff Spicoli?s, Hedberg?s diction is oddly formal. ?I bought a doughnut, and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut,? he tells the crowd. ?I do not need a receipt for a doughnut. I give you the money, and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We do not need to bring ink and paper into this.?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home