Monday, June 09, 2003

He Called, and Naked Came 7,000 Strangers Then it was over. Some people jogged nude up and down the boulevard. Others re-dressed. Inside, Scott Ansell, 31, an Englishman who had already taken part in an earlier work by Mr. Tunick, involving hundreds of naked people riding the escalators in a London department store, mused on the cultural differences.
"The English seemed a bit more giggly," he said. "I get the impression that half of the people here will be naked later today, anyway."
His friend Jane Hyde, 44, said of the apparent Spanish tendency to spank their own naked rear ends as a form of applause, "That bottom-smacking thing is rude!"
Mr. Ricart, the graphic designer, pronounced the experience "amazing."
"It probably has changed my life," he said. "But I haven't slept for 24 hours, so I have to spend some time thinking about it before I can be sure."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home