Friday, January 24, 2003

honestly, i'd never heard of this movie before.

maybe it'll play at the mission.

Kangaroo Jack : Mr. Cranky Rates the Movies : Kangaroo Jack I admit it: I tried to skip "Kangaroo Jack" altogether, figuring it would beat a hasty retreat from theaters and I could claim that reviewing the film had just "slipped my mind." Then "Kangaroo Jack" spent its opening week as the #1 movie in America. No wonder it's so easy to hijack an election in this country and use your stolen mandate to lead it into an apocalyptic war -- everyone's too busy flocking to crap like "Kangaroo Jack" to get off their asses and do anything about it.

Faced with an invitation to accompany me to "Kangaroo Jack" to lend some support during the ordeal, my so-called "friends" were quick to evaporate into a miasma of excuses such as "I have to help a friend move," "My grandpa's having a stroke tonight" and "Frankly, I'd rather crap broken glass." This is the kind of movie that, once it's over, you leave the theater with your jacket over your head. I went to the ticket window alone, and alone confessed my shame: "One for 'Kangaroo Jack' please."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home